Thursday, May 12, 2005

Feather and Fan Shawl Is Finished

I finished and blocked it yesterday, the picot cast off edge was easy and looks just like crochet. I had to cheat a bit with the blocking because it is such a big piece and I don't have the room in my house to spread it out so I washed it and blocked the top across the ironing board and let it just hang (I know all the purists are cringeing at this, sorry) and it worked out fine. It is a beautiful pattern and was a delight to knit, definately in my 'will do again' list.

What now? Finish SILs jumper. Oh and did I mention I ordered some more, yes more wool from Bendigo Woollen Mills and some from Colored Jules, please will someone hide my credit card. But I don't clothes shop so my wool buying habit is probably not too bad, do I sound like I'm justifying here!! Anyway the kids are just walking through the door so I will go and have some afternoon tea with them catch ya.

No comments: