Monday, May 09, 2005

Ten Rows to Go

Yes I have 10 rows to go and I can cast off the feather and fan shawl. It is a picot edge cast off which I have never done before so wish me luck. The edge is finished with an I-Cord which I also have never done before, other than the knitting Nancy or French knitting way as a kid. So I will be learning 2 new techniques here, hopefully. Agfest was great, there were a few wool sites but still nothing which grabbed me with the WOW factor, except for maybe THIS They had 12ply Boucle Mohair in beautiful colours, and their business card has a pattern for a scarf and shawl knitted on 8, 10 and 15mm needles for a real quick knit. I did however buy some more Fiber Trends patterns, I was especially interested in the felted clogs, I have just found my very first felting project. They are knitted in 10ply doubled so I will be placing an order with Bendigo Woollen Mills for that as I know that Bendigo Wool felts well. I will of course be starting with a small childs pair as a trial run. Will post some pics of the F&F shawl soon.

3 comments:

2paw said...

Dear Sharon, I-cord is really easy , it is named 'I' for idiot by Elizabeth Zimmerman because it is so easy apparently. I knitted one last year in class and I didn't know what it was until a few weeks ago!!!! Good Luck, only ten rows to go!!!!
Cindy,
Harki-Parki-Parker-Posey and
Peri Naughty the Golden Labradors

Cathy said...

Glad you had fun at Agfest.

The lady across the road from me got the pattern for the shawl from Agfest & has already knitted it & it came up really nice. She did it in cream.

Date scones look yummy.

I'm into making focaccia's at the moment. They are yummy too. I only put minced garlic, grated cheese & pizza herbs on it.

Cathy

Suzi said...

You'll have to tell me more about this yarn seller, I'll have to follow the link and look. They sound interesting.

Suzi
P.S. I've tagged you!