Thursday, June 02, 2005

Secret Pal 5 Questions

1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you? Yes I hate to admit it I am a bit of a yarn snob and prefer natural fibres, but this is mainly because I am a tight knitter and acrylics are hard for me to work with and I do love the feel of wool.


2. Do you spin? Crochet? I do neither but would love to learn one day.


3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) None that I know of.


4. How long have you been knitting? Since I was 5 y.o. which is 33 years now.


5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No.


6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I like any as long as they are not too overpowering.


7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Definately yes, I love chocolate.


8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Scrapbooking and sewing.


9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like lots of different types of music, my favourites are from the 60s & 70s.


10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand? My favourires are Autumn tones, greens and apricots. I don't like purple.


11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married with 3 children a daughter aged 12 and two sons aged 10 & 7. I have a cat, fish and a rabbit which I share with the family.


12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know) To be a good wife, mother and friend.

13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? Any pure wools, mohairs and alpacas.


14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like Patons Feathers or any acrylic fuzzy.


15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s? Finding different patterns and collecting tortoiseshell knitting needles.


16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? I don't really have a favourite, I love knitting anything as long as I am knitting something.


17. What are you knitting right now? A bed jacket, a pair of socks, a beanie and a fair isle jumper.


18. What do you think about ponchos? Love them, wore them as a child and still like them.


19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Straight.


20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? Bamboo and plastic.


21. Are you a sock knitter? Yes, I love knitting socks especially using the self patterned wool.


22. How did you learn to knit? My mother taught me.


23. How old is your oldest UFO? I'm proud to say that if I don't finish something within 2 years I obviously don't like it and will frog it.


24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? I love cats.


25. What is your favorite holiday? One where I don't have to cook or clean up.


26. Is there anything that you collect? Vintage knitting patterns (60's - 70's mainly)


27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? None


28. Any books out there you are dying to get your hands on? I am waiting for the Stitch n Bitch Nation to be released here in Australia.

No comments: