Friday, February 10, 2006

Seek And You Will Find..........

ask and you will be told, yes thankyou thanks to SUZI I can now do THIS this, oh please stop me. You are never too old to learn, I love it.


AM I MAD OR WHAT?? No don't answer that just check the above photo out and see what I have chosen to do for the sock competition, I am mad!!!

Look at all those bloody ends that now need sewing in before I can continue. I have chosen the Lighthouse Sock, but now I am not so sure. I hate intarsia and what does this sock have in it? I am mad, because after I had finished the picture bit, I found a mistake, not one that anyone would notice unless I told them, but as socks usually have a matching pair, I have to either remember to make the exact same mistake in it's mate or I scrap it all together and start again. Maybe I will make 3 socks and this one can be the draft, you know so I can see how I can improve 1 & 2. I am one of these people who can cook fancy cakes and things but the minute I have to make something for a special occasion, it is a complete flop *sigh*

Stay tuned to this spot and see what I decide to do, plus I do have in my head that I would rather be entering my very own design, oh yes I must indeed be slightly deranged!!!!

7 comments:

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Ohhh...I don't envy you those ends! I hope they turn out as well as you hope. Nothing worse than finishing a project and it doesn't turn out like you had hoped. I'm sure you'll do great though :o)

2paw said...

OMGCB - those socks are so gorgeous - I googled them!!! You are very brave. I am on WWW sock start #4!!!!!! I may never start, let alone finish!! I don't envy you the ends!!!

Anonymous said...

I am joining the Westbury Sock Thingy....I am planning on doing some baby socks in Pure wool Green....That is assuming I have time after doing my Knit Olympics Cardi that I started today and will either post about tonight or tomorrow...I am hoping to get a heap done tonight. Since the first day is only half a day really..

Katt

Jacqui said...

Wow! That's certainly ambitious! Good for you. Can't wait to see it all finished; I'll bet it's going to be beautiful.

Tracy Batchelder said...

That looks like a lot of work, but worth it in the end.

Unknown said...

That looks immensely creative for a sock. You go Sharon. I hope you win. Darning in ends should only be attempted watching you very favourite video

Kate said...

That's completely insane - and well done you! What a challenge. Is this an Olympic project?