Thursday, March 30, 2006

Phew!!!


Well here is the first progress report of the Cabled Shrug, I have just completed the first main repeat. I have to do another eight of these babies, I may have to shorten it yet as I have short arms so maybe seven, and this is not for the faint hearted let me tell you. I can only knit it during the day as lack of daylight and lack of brain power after dark makes for too many mistakes. I did wonder when I started what you would need all the stitch markers for, it is only cables after all. Well I can tell you they save a lot of heartache and mean that you only have to unpick a few stitches as opposed to a whole piece when you finally would have discovered a mistake. I am probably making it sound like it is a terrible pattern and why on earth would you want to attempt it, but that is definately not the case, I LOVE IT!!! Sure it keeps you on your toes but the cables are beautiful, and the yarn is just gorgeous.

I wont be getting much of it done over the next few days as I will be too busy getting organised for my sisters wedding. Final dress fittings today and I have to get the spare bed made up for my auntie as she arrives tomorrow. So wish me luck, that I don't trip over walking down the aisle or anything silly like that and I will post a piccy of Janelle and I in our finery as soon as I get a chance.

11 comments:

2paw said...

Dear Sharon, it looks lovely!! Good Autumn knitting, all cabley and complicated!!! Happy fitting,lucky Aunt and have a wonderful time at the wedding!!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

The shrug is looking fabulous! You're doing great with it.

Hmm...wonder if your sister would mind if you worked on it as you walk down the aisle, stand up at the front with her, and while you're at the reception, etc.? I mean, it IS knitting afterall and you don't want to get out of the rhythm of the pattern do you? hehehe ;o)

amanda j said...

Wow Sharon, that's gorgeous! I hope you don't resent your guest or your commitments, I can get a bit like that if I just want to get on with my knitting. Especially at work! Have a great time, don't worry about doing something silly, anyone who can knit such perfect cables is definitely co-ordinated enough to walk down an aisle!

sheep#100 said...

Don't forget lifelines!

Tracy Batchelder said...

The cables are so nice! It's good to work on something challenging to keep your brain in shape.

kittensmittens said...

it looks lovely. the finished shrug is gonna be very comfy. and it's a great color.

and also, the aviator hat is awesome. really nice.

Unknown said...

That looks fantastic, Sharon!

I wonder if you'll daydream about it during the wedding?? Hope it all goes well.

Unknown said...

Your shrug is going to look beautiful, and so warm too. Hope the wedding goes well and it is a fine day. We are going to a garden wedding tonight (Saturday) so we are watching the weather

shizzknits said...

That's going to be a lovely shrug! I really like the color.

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Yippie, a wedding! Very lovely. And so is your shrug. It's coming along very sweetly. Sharon, I'm sure you will have fun at the wedding and all the activities afterward as well. Eat lots of cake!

the stripey tiger said...

Wow sharon - it looks great so far! Looking forward to seeing teh progress!! :-) Stripey