Monday, June 26, 2006

Anyone Interested In Doing A Swap?


Oh dear another bamboo sock needle bites the dust. I am obviously a very aggressive knitter and my sock needles cop a fair battering it seems. I have tried plastic, they break, steel are too hard on my wrists so I switched to bamboo which are perfect for a while, then they start to bow and then as the photo above shows, they break. I have knitted quite a few socks with these so they have done a pretty good job.


Then I found these, plastic but reinforced with steel for strength, so they would be perfect for my wrists and I wouldn't be able to break them. I contacted the Australian agent for the above sock needles and the size I am after, 2.5mm, aren't stocked by anyone here in Australia or New Zealand. I emailed an on-line store in the US over a week ago and have had no reply, and I also posted on a Needle and Tool swap listing over at Knitters Review Forum with no luck so far.

So now I thought that I would try here and see if anyone can help me out here. If your LYS stocks Pony plastic reinforced with steel dpn sock needles in 15cm length 2.5mm or if you have some in your needle collection that you no longer use, would you be interested in doing a swap with me. Maybe there is something here in Australia you would like. Maybe there is someone here in Australia who has them but no longer use them. If so leave a comment here or you can email me, my email address is in the profile section of my blog. I would love to hear from you if you can help me out and we can have a bit of fun at the same time doing a swap.

Tomorrow Hayden my 11yo is going into hospital for some surgery, he has had extra teeth growing and up until now they have come through normally and have been able to be removed in the dentists chair. This time however this one has decided to lodge its way in amongst the buds of his adult teeth that haven't grown yet (an x-ray revealed all this stuff) so tomorrow it is being removed. Needless to say I am going to be doing a fair bit of waiting at the hospital which of course means a lot of knitting time but at the same time I will be very anxious about my little man until it is all over. So I think that the 60's Cabled Jumper will be perfect for this as there is enough in the pattern to keep my mind busy and hopefully make the time fly by.

Laura mentioned in the previous posts comments about adding her blog button to my sidebar, yes I must admit that I have a few new ones to add and as yet haven't got around to doing so, but I promise I will as soon as I get an afternoon free. I still after all this time hate adding things to my sidebar it makes me go all weak at the knees!!

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh those little sock needles are so fine!! I love them so much!! They are small, short, tiny and miniscule!!! They are the best to knit socks with!!!
Hope all goes smoothly tomorrow.
Love to Hayden from Harki and Peri!!!

maniacalmultitasker said...

same here, Shaz. Love working on bamboo needles but I'm a hard knitter too. They're now my converted cable needles...sniff sniff!

Anonymous said...

wow. those needles are so colourful and pretty!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck and lotsa hugs to you and Hayden tomorrow..

Oh no now you have me totally paranoid about my Bamboo needles!! I am super agressive with knitting. I so want some of those Pony Pearls (mind you I get paranoid about the pony pearl normal needles I use).

Katt

Unknown said...

Man you are mean mean mean to your needles. I only have steel and plastic needles. I've bent a pair but it wasnt cause of knitting aggressively. When you sit on steel needles they tend to bend.

Tracy Batchelder said...

Haven't seen those needles around here, but I haven't really been looking for them.

Praying for your son and his surgery. Waiting is the hardest part. At least you will have knitting to keep your mind busy.

Unknown said...

I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Have you found your knitting needles yet? I'd be willing to try and help if you'd like. (I thought WEBS sold them too -- is that the online shop you tried?). Email me at adamsdebraATsbcglobalDOTnet and let me know.

Best wishes to your son on his surgery tomorrow. You and he will feel much better once it's over!

amanda j said...

I am often nervous about my needles, but so far so good. I am using some stinky ones from the LYS, but I don't like them too much.

Hugs to Hayden.

Belinda said...

Sorry can't help out with the needles. But I hope everything goes well tomorrow.

Rachael Elswyk said...

Best of luck for tomorrow, I've been on both sides of the fence when it comes to things like that, and the knitting will help! The worst part is the fasting!!!

Also good luck for the needle search. I am having trouble traching down bamboo 3.25mm!

sheep#100 said...

Good luck young man.

Jennifer said...

I've heard great things about those DPN's but I've never used them.

Hope your little one recovers from his surgery, and that it goes well!

Becky said...

Sharon I've looked everywhere that I can online to find those needles for you - I was hoping to be able to find them online to be delivered in the UK - but so far unsucessful. If I find them in a shop whilst I'm back in the UK I'll swipe you a couple of packs and send them on to you - I hope someone else can help you out in the mean time.

Hope Hayden is OK.

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon,

Hope all has gone well at the hospital. It's horrible when the kids have to have something done.

I got some short Pony DPNs from here http://www.yarn-store.com/ and found the service to be excellent. I don't know if they are the plastic coated steel ones.
It is a US store but they do answer their emails.

Anonymous said...

Just checked and I **do** have a spare set of those Pony DPNS. I e-mail you - I'm not a blogger at the moment

Knittinreed said...

Good luck with your son's surgery. I will look for the needles when I head out the the yarn shop next.
Thank your for your kind comments on my blog. I appreciate you.

Craftybernie said...

Hope the surgery goes/went ok!

You stole my button - wahoo!!! I don't think I've seen it anywhere else yet. Thanks!

Angela said...

Have you tried knitting socks on two circulars? If you are interested, Cat Bordhi's book, "Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles" is great.
Good luck:) and welcome to The Knitting Path webring!
Ang

MsFortuknit said...

nice work on the needles, I snap mine all the time, at least my think wooden ones.;) I hope that your hayden,great name by the way, is ok!