Thursday, June 15, 2006

Michelles Socks


Now that the lovely Michelle has received her socks I can post a photo of them. They were my part of the swap I did with Michelle and in return she designed the fabulous template for my new look blog. As she is a pink girl there was no question as to what colour to make them in.


It seems that I can't get enough of socks or sock yarn lately, here is the first of the Opal sock finished. I really do like this one and if they don't sell at the market, I will probably be keeping them for myself.

I have been drooling over Socks That Rock yarn and lamenting the fact that they don't ship outside of the US. Well Cindy has discovered The Knittery and they do some lovely hand dyed yarn, including 4ply sock yarn and they are Australian yippee!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay!! Thank you so much Sharon!! The socks are sooooooooooooo lovely!! And pink!!! ^_^ Hehehe

Belinda said...

I just ordered some sock yarn from The Knittery for my one skein pal. The merino is so soft, I got the orange blossom colourway which was lovely.

Anonymous said...

Both socks look lovely.

I might have to get some of that wool from the Knittery. They have lovely stuff. Though I might just make my own first and see..

And yes I did make that "She Who Smells Yarn" that is on my blog. I got bored and did it last night.

Katt

Jennifer said...

Lovely socks!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

pretty pretty pretty sock..

Pink is the best, and even if I run into a pinkhater, I must love them anyway. It's the Universal Code of Pink Lovers to Love Anyway. Orange, too. What could be better ..well, maybe blue? But no.. Pink and orange rule. This is an almost Haiku.

Cathy said...

Looooooooovely socks.

I like the one that you've just finished.

I'm not a real pink girl myself.

Cathy

Ada said...

Lovely sock knitting!!

Anonymous said...

The socks are lovely!

Tracy Batchelder said...

Pretty socks! That's all I seem to want to knit too.

Jacqui said...

Your socks are beautiful; I especially love the pink ones!

sheep#100 said...

Hate to rub it in, but Socks That Rock really DO.

The red socks are very pretty.

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

I love both of the socks! And your new blog template looks great too - she did a fabulous job!

amanda j said...

Lovely socks Sharon, anyone would be lucky to receive these.

Suzi said...

I love the Socks That Rock! I just want some pretty colours aside for the name alone. It sounds so cool!

The Knittery does have some lovely yarn, I am thinking of purchasing some, maybe not sock yarn but maybe because it would be a good ply for lace shawls and things.

Suzi

Unknown said...

Cool Socks!

Anonymous said...

Pretty Socks! I'm a member of the pink lovers group too.

Thank you for the post on The Knittery; I've bookmarked it. I live in the US but I'm always looking for Australian companies to purchase pretty yarn from! Live2Knit is also great -- my first package is en route from Katie and I can't wait!