Wednesday, June 07, 2006

More Stash

My friend Vicki called in on Monday and left me with all of this as she no longer has the time to knit. Obviously there is way too much here for me and as there is baby wool and cotton amongst it, neither of which I normally knit with, I intend to share it.

I have now sorted through it all and decided what I am going to keep and the rest I am taking along to SnB on Tuesday and they can have fun choosing what to add to their stashes. I have already put the light mauve on the left, aside for Katt a nice 4ply pure wool. Thanks Vicki, I know she reads my blog, and be assured your stash is going to very good yarn loving homes.

I am currently knitting for the market which is held on the last Saturday of the month in Yorktown Square, I have completed some Muse Hats out of Patons Jet, which is a lovely soft 12ply yarn consisting of 70% wool and 30% alpaca. I am yet to cast on for the Opal socks, but that will happen over the next few days, for the time being I am going to knit a couple of Pantas and see how they go.

This photo was taken at about 8.30 this morning, just to prove to the rest of Australia that we do actually get sun down here!! Oh okay so it is only 1 degree, but at least the sun is shining.

It is school holidays here in Tasmania so my house looks like a bomb site, sounds like an amusement parlour and my cupboards and fridge are bare, but there is an upside to all this, they are actually letting me knit!!! The little darlings :)

15 comments:

Cathy said...

You new "acquired" stash enhancement looks great.

Did I read baby yarn and also see baby yarn.

Janelles jumper looks really good.

See ya tomorrow for the dyeing night.

Cathy

Jennifer said...

What a fiber extravaganza you've got there!

Anonymous said...

I am still interested in seeing what you have. Other baby wool would be great (4ply)...I looove wool! lol

Catch ya tomorrow night!

Katt

Sherri said...

oh gosh how cute those hats are! Wow, what a stash! That's so cool that you are sharing w/your friends!

amanda j said...

The hats look great Sharon! You will have to make sure you wear your Panta at the market, at least yours looks good on you! What a terrific lot of yarn!

Anonymous said...

That's a lot of wool! Lucky girl. The hats are cute too. I've used Patons Jet before and it was nice and soft.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! That's heaps of yarns!!! Haha!! Gotta love those muse hats!!! Will definitely try them one day :)

Grace Garton said...

What you don't get fog there at that time of the morning....there is no way here in Hobart I can get any photo's taken at that time!
Great hats, love that thick knit more and more!
Thanks for the tip about the blog prowlers!
Have to travel up to yours and Katts neck of the woods one day.
I have met some great knitting buddys down here (very political bunch).
Love to see what goes on at the dyeing night.
Sounds like fun.
cheers for now:)

Anonymous said...

Poor Vicki- Lucky you!!
Lovely hats.
My longeroom is the same from Harki and Peri - they stay inside with me and my cold and 'play'!!!

Becky said...

Wow cool stash enhancement - shame it isn't all for you but you are very kind to share it amongst your knitting friends. I can't believe it's only 1 degree there - it's 45 here and like a sauna - so humid it's yuk - the only time you go outside is to go to the pool or the car. Can't wait to get back to rainy England for my summer break at least I won't be drenched from sweat all the time - mmmm nice !

Bells said...

I'm still coming to terms with the idea that someone will have no more time to knit.

I'm not sure my life would be worth living if that happened to me...

My Five Sons said...

Wow, thats cold(the wool is cool too,what a lovely friend to give you all that treasure!)
The Principal thought it was around 2' this morning and there was still frost/ice on my windscreen and the odd tee shirt that fell on the ground under the clothes line at 8 oclock this morn......

Knittinreed said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving your kind comments. As of yesterday, the docs still had no definitive course of action for my mentor's health problems. Hoping to hear something positive today.

The jumper looks fabulous - beautiful work, Sharon! And what about your gift off all that yarn. Wow ~ instant stash. Is looks like you will be busy deciding what to use it for.

L. said...

Gotta' love More Yarn! I love the new Muse hats, they're adorable and the jumper is....well, it's spectacular! :) You deserve big congrats for knitting and finishing it, LOL.

Wow, if I ever got 14 or 27 comments on my blog, I'd be so happy I'd have to shout out loud.

MsFortuknit said...

Sharon you are so sweet and kind sharing this gift with other!
Cheers for being you