Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Definately Not An Old Bag

I have an old handbag that is falling apart, although it has served me well it is time to get a new one. I was going to buy one but then I found the B4 Bag over at Crafty Bernies well my search for a new bag ended there. Not only will it be a one off, as each one is completely different but it gives me a chance to finally have a go at felting which has been on my to do list for quite some time now. There is a Knitalong where you can see some wonderful examples of this great pattern.

I am knitting mine in Bendigo Rustic 12ply, green opal, more blue than green really. This is one of my all time favourite wools and has been featuring in quite a few of my projects lately. I am up to the bead section which has sent me off on a search for a suitable sized crochet hook, amazingly enough I had enough beads, all 66 of them, in my bead collection. I will be scouring the op shops and craft shops looking for some buttons to add the finishing touch to this bag.

13 comments:

Marina said...

Ooo, I like that bag! Looks like it could be fun to it. Felting is fun.

sheep#100 said...

Wow, felting, beads, and bobbles!

Anonymous said...

bendigo 12ply rustic green opal??? would you believe that i just order 3 of those??? i'm planning on knitting myself a cardy with those lovely yarns!!

Craftybernie said...

Wow - the four B's eh? Looking good. Have you seen trish's latest bag posted on the KAL? It's v colourful but I like it!

Yarnsticksbooks said...

That bag is sooooooo pretty. Felting is so much fun. Enjoy!!!

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

That bag is going to look awesome, and I can't wait to see it once you get it completed and felted!

Suzi said...

That is one awesome bag. I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished results of it.

Unknown said...

I'm using rustic at the moment too. Good old Bendy.

Love the bag, can't wait to see it finished.

amanda j said...

What a cool bag, I want to try felting too. I will watch and see how you go.

Anonymous said...

Yes, I too am about to start my first felting project, so I'll be waiting for all of your tips and suggestions. :) Isn't it fun to have an original bag?!

Cathy said...

The bag looks really nice.

Love the pattern and the colour.

I sooooooo like Bendy yarn.

Cathy

Anonymous said...

wow, the bag is going to be cute! Love it even before felting.

Larjmarj said...

Cute...can't wait to see it felted up, especially the bobbles.