Monday, July 03, 2006

Look Away Now If ......

the thought of ends that need sewing in make you feel ill because this is what I am left with at the back of the Betty Boop Jacket.


But here she is on the right side, finished except for a bit of black swiss darning here and there to outline a few features, but I thought that I will sew the ends in and block her first before I do that. It isn't quite as bad as it looks as a lot of the ends have been knitted in so I just have to cut the long tails off but that wasn't possible with all of it as black does not knit into pink or flesh colours without showing through. Now I have the fronts and sleeves to do in good old stocking stitch, my easy peasy TV watching knitting.

I have a friend, who shall remain nameless, who loves clothes shopping and gets a real buzz everytime she buys herself something new. Me, I hate clothes shopping in fact I hate shopping full stop. I am a race into town get what I need and back home again, I only go clothes shopping if I am desperate. Where am I going with this you may be wondering? Shopping involving my hobby obsession!!! now that is a completely different story, I can spend hours fondling yarn, drooling over patterns and pattern books or knitting magazines and of course on-line stores. Here is my latest purchase, some lovely 4ply sock yarn from The Knittery now this is the sort of shopping that I don't mind at all, in fact I love it!


Last but definately not least it was my babys' birthday yesterday, yes my little man Ashley, is now 9 years old.

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know EXACTLY how you 'ends' feel!!!! Betty looks great!!!
Look how green your sock wool is!!
Happy Birthday to Ashley!!!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a mess of ends - that's why I pride myself on being a doofus knitter who has all she can do to keep her yarn from knotting -doofus =simplicity. LOVE the betty design - ver impressive!!! Happy day to Ashley!

Jenn said...

Oh my that sock yarn... IT'S BEAUTIFUL!!!! I must have some. I love the botton two colors!!!

And thanks for your commenets about Mr.KnitWit. I have a feeling it's stress, but his BP is a bit high also. I am sure we will come away with meds for him!

Eleni said...

Is your daughter's birthday the 1st or 2nd? My little Sabrina's is on the 1st and she just turned three!

sheep#100 said...

Happy birthday Ash!

maniacalmultitasker said...

You're right... I starting to get my MIMs looking at the back of Betty boop!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Ashley..

Betty Boop looks fantastic!!

Sock yarn is gorgeous too!

Katt

Unknown said...

I love the jumper. I thought I was the only one with ends like that.

I really like the multi-colour yarn too.

Cathy said...

Betty look bootiful.

Happy belated birthday to Ashley.

Cathy

Ada said...

Betty looks beautiful!
Happy birthday to Ashley.

Anonymous said...

i love the yarns u bought from knitter. love the colourways!!

anyway...so many ends :( that would be a nightmare for me.

Ann said...

It may be scary to look at the ends but it's worth the effort looking at the gorgeous Betty on the front. Beautiful yarn..ah..gives me an idea..maybe a vest? Please remember to take pics of the socks after you have use the yarn.

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday to Ashley!

Your Betty looks amazing (though I don't envy your ends). I know you are just teasing me with that gorgeous yarn from the Knittery!!! Can't wait to see how it knits up. (The new issue of Yarn magazine has lots of sock patterns in it, in case you are interested!).

Jennifer said...

Oh, you have so many ends to weave in. Yikes!

Happy birthday to Ashley!

Larjmarj said...

Betty looks well....Betty! Very nice indeed! The end weaving is a little scary but I know you can do it and make it look great. I know what you mean about shopping. Bleah...but yarn shopping now that's different.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Would you mind emailing me your email address? I have a photo I'd love to send you, but I don't want to make a mess of your comments here. My email is adamsdebraATsbcglobalDOTnet. Thanks!

L. said...

I am exactly the same when it comes to regular shopping....I hate it with a capital H. If we're talking about yarn shopping or yarn related gadgets or books, then count me in for the long haul! :)

Anonymous said...

Betty Boop looks amazing!
(found your blog through a blogring)
Amy