Thursday, May 10, 2007

Oh Boy!

Life has been hectic to say the least around here, everything seems to happen at once. I was all ready to start my new jacket and in fact had cast on the stitches when within two days I received orders for three pairs of socks and one baby hat. I have finished the baby hat.

Isn't he so cute, he is my new little model for baby hats, I found him in Spotlight. Getting back to the hat it is knitted in 8ply merino wool and from the good old faithful 1970's Winter Warmers pattern book but I did make some adjustments as the person wanted it to have earflaps and the original pattern had some moss stitch above the ears which to me looked a bit strange.

The first of the socks in Opal using Shazzas Sock Pattern and you may notice that I am not using my old faithful bamboo dpns, this is because in my quest to find the perfect sock needles I discovered these which are available through Donni. The verdict? I love them and will be ordering some more in the not too distant future as they don't hurt my hands or wrists at all.


This is the first pair of two for a lady who wants them for her husband but thankfully she wanted thick socks, so these are from an old 1950's Patons knitting book of socks and they are 8ply but knitted on 3mm needles which gives them a lovely smooth, thick texture and are quite quick to knit also. I am waiting on some grey from Bendigo Woollen Mills as I didn't have any grey in my stash, what a good excuse to buy some more yummy wool from my favourite woollen mill. I sold four items from my Etsy Shop within a couple of days which gave me some spending money.


Oh well I must go and finish these socks, till next time,happy knitting.

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooh...so many projects and congrats on the sales!!!

Suzi said...

I am madly doing some selfsih knitting!

I am working on a few things for Mongolia but they are put on a temporary hiatus.

I don't think I could knit to order I need too much time for knitting things I want for me!

Anonymous said...

Do I spy some purple in those socks???!!! The hat on the bear model has turned out really well!!! Congrats on the Etsy sales. I love my sock needles from Donni. They are fantastic!!! Glad you are all well and happy and just very busy!!!

Anonymous said...

Very cool! Knitting for profit!

sherriknits said...

You certainly keep busy. I'm glad you are doing so well!

Anonymous said...

Yesssssss, those needles are THE BIZ! Glad you like them.

amanda j said...

Well done with your sales! You must be rapt. I have been oogling those needles - do they hurt your fingers? What length did you get? I am sorely tempted.

My Five Sons said...

You are such a quick knitter!
I like the colour of the first socks,are they 8 ply too? I had presumed the second ones are the thicker ones.

Anonymous said...

Love the Opal socks Sharon. I remember all that Opal yarn you were buying last year. Looking forward to seeing it knit up.

Unknown said...

Hi Sharon,
I don't know where you find the time for all your projects. I didn't know Bendigo had a website. Hope it does well for them

Unknown said...

Love the hat model. My boys chopped my poly head with a sword...so she won't be doing much modelling any more. I might look into something cuter, now you've inspired me!

Anonymous said...

well done with the sales! I love that hat! I have that pattern though I dont think I would do the moss stitch on the back of it..just rib all around perhaps? is that what you did?

Katt

Ann said...

Congrats on your sales - it's great to be able to knit & be paid! Love the colors of the Opal socks - what are they? Happy knitting!

Unknown said...

Cute teddy and cute baby hat. Doesnt everything usually happen all at once.

AR said...

Your new model is very cute! So are the hat and socks! Yay for making some $.

Procrastiknitter said...

Your model is just adorable! LOL

Wow, lots of knitting going on there! Even better when you are making a bit of cash, eh?

((HUGS)))

Becka said...

As always, love what u r knitting! I am (and will forever!) knitting socks for my darling husband! Socknitting rocks, afterall!

Larjmarj said...

Congrat's on the Etsy sales! the socks are looking good. I love when events prompt yarn shopping ;-)

Knittinreed said...

Love your projects. They always come out so beautifully.

Suzi said...

I'm back baby! Guess what? You get to be an Adams family couisin too, your it!

I've tagged you!!!

Suzi

Suzi said...

I'm back! Guess what? You get to be an Adams family couisin too, your it!

I've tagged you!!!

Suzi

MsFortuknit said...

woman how the heck have you been? I miss you! I have been so bloddy busy but Im good now, I think! haha How have you been love? Your work looks splendid as always!

Anonymous said...

What a cute hat! I love your model. :)