Thursday, January 31, 2008

A New Hat For 2008

A new hat design for 2008, a head hugging cabled cap. I have only made two so far and the cream one sold within half an hour of listing it in my shop. I used the deliciously soft Patons Jet which is my favourite yarn right now.



I just received my order of Rowan All Seasons Cotton from the lovely Jannette so I could make another bucket style hat. This one is a pink/lilac which doesn't photograph well as it is much brighter than the photo. I am currently working on a lime green one also.


Taking part in a dishcloth/soap swap on Ravelry and have finished the dishcloth, I used the pattern from the September issue of Creative Knitting, which is a fantastic pattern and made with my favourite Sugar 'n Cream cotton. Will post pics after the swap is complete, don't want to give too much away just yet and spoil the surprise!

The kids are back at school next week already, boy it has gone quickly this year, I can remember last year wishing for the holidays to end but that isn't the case this year. They are getting older and don't seem to fight as much which helps.

I've been on a pattern shopping spree having found cupcake fingerless mitts and baby moc-a-socs, aren't they both the most adorable patterns? Janelle has already put her order in for some fingerless gloves.

Oh well till next time, happy knitting.

10 comments:

Lynne said...

Very nice hats - well done.

Anonymous said...

wow. so many hats!!!! and they're very pretty too!!

Larjmarj said...

Love the new hat design! I wish they sold Paton's jet in the US but they don't :-(

Unknown said...

Ooohhh i like the new design, great colours.

Ann said...

Your new hats are really lovely - no wonder it sells so fast. Time has really flown by too quickly as my girls are also going to start a new school year on Monday! You are fast with the dishcloth as I have not even started mine.

amanda j said...

Gorgeous hats. I have given you an award! Come on over and check it out.

Tell me about it - these holidays have absolutely flown! Aaargh!!

2paw said...

Wow!! You have knitted such lovely hats. I wish I were a hat wearing person!!! I have started my cloth as well. All very Secret Squirrel!! The holidays have gone so quickly this year, I can't believe they are nearly over :-(
Love the Cupcake Mitts too!!!

Anonymous said...

I always like seeing your finished hats - they're so nice!

AR said...

Great hats! The cabled ones are especially nice. I love those patterns you linked. How cool!

fi at moose and bear said...

i love the middle hat!