Monday, July 31, 2006

Why Are Some People So Grumpy?

I have been know to have a short fuse at times, my temper has sometimes got the better of me but usually I have just cause for these outbursts. Such as the time I was backing out of my drive and some woman came flying around the corner at such a high speed that she nearly collected me and then yelled out the car window and called me all the swear words she could think of. Or the time that I caught some woman fossicking in my garage and then she had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to sell her the childs swing she found in there!! However on the weekend an incident happened at our knitting covens stall that would have pushed the most placid persons buttons. As I turned up late and missed the whole thing, I will direct you to Suzi's eye witness account of what happened. I kind of wish that I had been there earlier, but then again maybe not!!



The 60's Cabled Jumper is nearing completion, front, back and sleeves are done and dusted only the collar to go. There is 179 stitches and 50 rows of rib for the collar so that should keep me busy for a while. I did have a tension (guage) problem with the sleeves. After the increases the pattern said work straight until work measures 17 inches, well the sleeve already measured 17 1/2 inches. Yet the stitch tension of 8 1/2 stitches over 2 inches was spot on, weird!!



I am also taking part in a dishcloth swap, so if anyone is interested you can find all the details here. Should be a lot of fun, I just have to find some decent cotton to knit them in.

15 comments:

sheep#100 said...

Read the Darkside's account - what a wanker!

Anonymous said...

Yes, why are people so unkind?????
Lovely jumper!!!!!

Anonymous said...

lovely jumper!! i'm knitting my first cardi too!!

anyway, just read about that COB. she must be having her PMS ^_^

MsFortuknit said...

Nice work! You and Suzi are so funny! Im tellin ya I can tell that neither of you are as 'STRONG WILLED'as us super sassy americans! But I will say, I love the Goodbye! ;)

Yarnsticksbooks said...

LOL sounds like its probably good that you missed it:P Anyway that cardi is looking great.

Cathy said...

Cardi is looking great.

Lol over what happened on Saturday.

Had already left a comment on Suzi's blog.

I have a good dishcloth pattern that I got off the net the other day.

Catch ya tomorrow.

Cathy

Sherri said...

Heading to read it in a min. but am always wondering how you turn out so much knitting!

Jennifer said...

The jumper is looking great!

Terri H. said...

OK, Sharon, jumper=sweater I've got (nice one, by the way)...but help an American girl out--what the heck is fossicking??

Sherri said...

You asked about the Stitch n Pitch...it was organized by the Seattle Mariner's baseball team last year to get some interest in ticket sales. It was so successful that other teams picked up the idea this year. I don't know how many went this year but there were LOTS of knitters there...baseball and knitting! What more could you ask for?

Pam said...

Really nice sweater. Is that ribbing in between the cables? I making something a little similar as a cardigan, but I cut out the pockets and there is no ribbing.
The COB in the story was probably jealous because she had to work and you could sit and knit!
Pam from CT USA
www.roddyknit.blogspot.com

sillyewe said...

The jumper looks great!!! Love that color. And let me at that old bitch...yeah, I said it. Bitch. hahahah hmmm, feels good. Some people...

Larjmarj said...

I read the account of the incident. As they say in my neck of the hood'

What BIIIOOOTTTCHHH!!!

I do like that acronym, COB. Next time just slap an estrogen patch on her forehead.

I was wondering about fossicking is as well. Remember...we don't speak English in this country. ;-)

L. said...

The jumper looks great and kudos for knitting it all and getting ready for the finishing! :)

Yes, I changed my blog once again...I get tired of the same colors so I changed it and added a third column. It seems you helped to create a monster, LOL.

Unknown said...

I agree with all the above, Imagine living with her??? YUK