Thursday, July 24, 2008

Self Destruct!

Fifteen years ago we painted the living area of our house so to say that is was beginning to look a bit tired and dated is a bit of an understatement! Cream walls with pastel green trims looked great and even quite modern then but they were screaming out for a makeover. So the dining and lounge room now has a nice bright contrast wall of capsicum red, more of a dark burgundy really, and the remaining walls have been covered in self destruct. I kid you not, that is the name of the paint which is nothing more than a milky coffee colour but self destruct sums up the mess we are living in at the moment as the photo below will testify.



So there hasn't been a lot of knitting time sadly but I have managed to churn out a new design for a cupcake hat. I made two versions, firstly the blue one with a cherry on top.



and secondly a more feminine version with a handknit flower on top.



Both hats are available for purchase in my Etsy shop and OzeBaby.

I also made a pair of mens socks for a customer, she is a knitter who sells her knitwear so I was slightly nervous about making these but she was extremely happy with them and said that she will be back for more so that was a relief! I have finally got around to writing up the pattern for my mens socks which up until now have been a lot of scribbles and notes in my journal, the pattern can be found here.



Oh well till next time,
happy knitting.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were in that same mess! But we are done painting, for now. :) Would love to see after pictures! Great knits!

amanda j said...

Oh boy, fifteen years! That's a long time between paints. I want to do some this summer - our dining/kitchen looks very tired and scuffed. It will be much easier than the first time we did it six years ago because we had to scrub all the walls with scourers to get rid of wallpaper glue. Gross!

Ann said...

Love the cup cake hats - they are so cute! Happy knitting to you too once everything is back in order.

Larjmarj said...

Painting is NO fun, we did it a couple years ago to our family room and bleah....

I haven't been knitting a lot lately either. Summertime here.