Friday, July 07, 2006

A Frogging We Will Go

I have noticed a lot of this going on lately
well I have had to jump into the same frogging pond.


I started this for my nieces' birthday and I noticed that it just wasn't looking like the picture on the pattern. The loops weren't 'holey' enough and there was supposed to be a criss cross effect in there as well and it just wasn't happening. Obviously I was doing something wrong, I kept going but no I am too much of a perfectionist to go any further so I too went for a dip into the frogging pond. I started again, now this time the loops are 'holey' and there is a criss cross thing happening. What was I doing wrong? Knitting through the back of the yrn loops, that is all, something simple that changed the entire look of the pattern.

That is better, I bought the pattern from STYK quite some time back now and it was intended for my niece when she was born. Well er um she is turning one year old on the 16th of this month, better late than never I suppose. Luckily it comes in a size range of 0 - 4 years old, probably for people like me!!! Yes I did say the 16th and it is now the 7th, I had better get a move along or she wont be getting it this year either ;)

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you hate it when that happens?? It is even worse when you can't find what you are doing wrong. You'd better get your knitting fingers on!! It is a lovely pattern though, very nice!!!

Marina said...

That's lovely, so-o girlish!

Kris said...

Very cute pattern. I love the color.

Anonymous said...

I dont want to join the frog pond..Though I have at least one thing I dont plan on doing anymore so will frog that back to make into something else.

Looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Katt

Cathy said...

That is a beautiful pink and the pattern is sooooooooo girly.

Good luck having it finished by the 16th

Cathy

metal and knit said...

time for Boot Camp

sheep#100 said...

Make sure to get all the pond scum off the knitting before starting over again!

Craftybernie said...

Frogging is good for the soul! Sometimes it is anyway. A fresh start and all that...

Such a pretty little piece of work. Can't wait to see the FO. What wool are you using?

Tracy Batchelder said...

Much better this way. This time it was worth ripping out and starting over.

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that one thing like that could make such a difference in the design! But definitely worth a trip to The Pond for...it's gorgeous.

We'll know where you are if we don't hear from you for a few days!!

Jennifer said...

When something isn't working out, it's best to frog! Very pretty color though!

MsFortuknit said...

Sharon-
Its really lovely! Godspeed!

I wish I was as disciplined as you! If I had messed up I wouldve discovered a way to 'change' the pattern most likely then frog it! hahaha

Have fun dolly it looks great!

Anonymous said...

That is going to turn out sooo cute! I love it so far.

My Five Sons said...

I hate undoing and often give up to start something new, coming later when I'm in a better mood!

I was just checking out your tiger socks,they look very growly!!!!!
I still haven't recieved the opal collection from Germany,apparently it could take up to 9 weeks(3 to Tassie) to get here!!!!!!!!!! But when they do,the tigers will be first on the needles...........

Sherri said...

I love it! I live in the frog pond these days....lol. I should have taken a picture of my latest disaster. It's a wonder we finish sometimes, but we do, don't we! ha ha. That's my son's birthday too.

Anonymous said...

That is a very nice pattern and colour! I'm sure your niece will love it.

Anonymous said...

pink pink pink!! so sweet. and that frog is so cute!! ^_^

Unknown said...

It looks beautiful!

Hey, what are you doing reading this? If you want to get that knitting finished in time....

Suzi said...

Having problems with blogger, can't see oyur pictures! But i am sure they are lovely.

All the best with the pattern for the 16th!

Suzi

Knittinreed said...

That is beautiful! The color is yummy and the pattern is sweet. Look what you learned from the frogging; just think of it as educational time. All was not lost in the pond, you have risen to the top beautifully ~ as usual.

Pam said...

What I like about knitting is sometimes you can fudge, but what I hate about it is when you can't and you don't realize it until you've 20 rows of something so complex it makes your teeth hurt...

Anonymous said...

How adorable!

sillyewe said...

That is so cute! I love the girlie color, too. The knit-a-long looks like it will be a fun one. What color are you doing it in? So, did you like the Zara? I have been wanting to try it out for another pattern.