Saturday, June 17, 2006

What Is This?


I have been itching to do some Intarsia again, why I do not know because it irks me but hey only a knitter can understand these things. Yes I know I am working on lots of things at the moment but that also is only something that knitters can understand.

What or should I say who is it? Leave a guess and there will be a prize for whoever guesses correctly. I will say that I was inspired by Cindys Doctor Who Zippy Uppy Cardigan, proudly displayed over on her blog. This is the first time that I have ever had a blog competition but I like entering them as they are a lot of fun, so I thought that it was my turn. I will also do a random draw of all guesses, so that everyone has a chance of winning something. This competition will close Tuesday 20th June @ 2pm AEST and is open to everyone, and of course no correspondence will be entered into, he he.

I do hope to finish the 2nd sock this weekend but of course that all depends on what plans the family have in store for me. I am supposed to be going to Poatina today, as Hayden is taking part in a billycart derby, it snows in Poatina, I feel the cold. I really don't want to go, oh the sacrifices we make for our kids. I wonder would he mind if I sit in the car and knit watch!!!

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's Betty Boop!!! I recognise those shapely legs anywhere :)
And yes, I'm somewhat of a fan ;)

Liz said...

I know those legs and red dress anywhere! I knew right away it had to be Betty Boop!

amanda j said...

I agree, it's Betty Boop! Have you been to Reliquaire in Latrobe? They have so much Betty Boop stuff there, it would blow your mind. Huge lifesize statues and all sorts of things. . . as well as just about everything else under the sun. Rug up for Poatina!

Kris said...

Has to be Betty Boop

Ann said...

Yes, it's Betty Boop & I am sure you will be doing a fantastic job out of it. Love the socks that you knitted for Michelle.

Jennifer said...

Everyone is guessing Betty Boop... To be totally different, I'll guess Jessica Rabbit.

Anonymous said...

It is the feet and legs of an Edgar Degas ballet dancer and a cow's head!!!!!
I love my Dr Who ZUC. I AM NEVER TaKING IT OFF!!!!!
Oh, your is so pink and so lovely. Will it have a zip too, or buttons or is it a jumper???

Anonymous said...

I am going Betty Boop..I can tell that from her legs ;)

I started something new while down at the BIL instead of taking something along with me to try and get closer to finish it! SIGH

Katt

Anonymous said...

Oooh...sexy legs!!! Only Betty Boop shows her legs that way!! ^_^

Suzi said...

As soon as I saw the picture I shouted to Margaret, Sharon's knitting Betty Boop, I think. Well apparently I wasn't the only one.

I like Jennifer's guess of Jessica Rabbit but the dress just isn't long enough or purplr enough...she's another of my idols. "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way!"

BAck to Betty I saw osme fabric in Black Spot of Doom with her on it with a motorbike, it was very nice. But I didn't buy any as I was unsure what to do with it. I may have to consult Cindy and see if I could have her sock tote pattern.

Anonymous said...

Suzi, I will have to make a sock tote tutorial!!!!!

My Five Sons said...

I was going to say it was Miss Piggy,but changed my mind and agree with everyone else!!!!
Betty Boop....
(I have been looking at the Betty Boop watches and would love one!!!!)

metal and knit said...

has to be betty boop

Jacqui said...

Yep, I figured Betty Boop right away. Apparently I'm not the only one; Betty's more popular than I knew! lol

Sheeprustler said...

OK, I'd like to point out that I picked Betty Boop immediately and not after reading all these comments! Have fun knitting :)

Sherri said...

Betty Boop! And I figured it out before I read all of the guesses. I'm impressed!

Craftybernie said...

Oh Sharon, you shouldn't have! You've immortalised me in one of your projects - how did you get my legs so perfect.....

Anonymous said...

That is Betty Boop!

zippiknits...sometimes said...

Gotta be Betty. That is going to be a lovely sweater! What fun to knit!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I have no idea if this guess is in time, because of the time difference, but it looks like Betty Boop to me.

Suzi said...

Sandra D:

Marilyn Monroe

I don't know if this makes it because Ms Stash's computer clock says 10 to 2 and my watch says 2....

Oh dear.