Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Flamingo Socks


I have finished the Opal Flamingo socks for my dear friend, I have made socks for all my friends over the time except for her so I felt it only fair to knit her some. She is a real pink girl so I think they will suit her nicely, I hope she likes them.

I have also taken on the POMATOMUS SOCKS as you well know I have a love/hate relationship with lace knitting so we will see how I go with them. It is a lovely pattern and so far so good, with only a couple of minor stuff ups so far, nothing that a round of unpicking hasn't fixed. The yarn I am using is a beautiful hand dyed one that I received from the lovely BECKY when we were taking part in secret pal 5, I have been saving it for a special project and I thought the colours would suit 'HIPPO' as he shall be called from now on, perfectly. Becky has been having computer problems so I haven't heard from her in a while, I do miss you if you happen to read this post.

I also couldn't resist starting something else, I seem to have been knitting a lot of socks lately, so I wanted to do something totally different and have chosen this delightful little fellow out of Simply Knittings Christmas gifts extra that came with the November issue.



I know it is a long way till next Christmas but he is the sort of thing I would like on display in my lounge room permanently, not to mention that he does bare a striking resemblance to my DH (I do hope he doesn't read this).

18 comments:

ShelbyD said...

Those socks look great! I love the pink.

Michelle said...

oooooooooooooh!! pink socks!!!!!!!!! gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

michelle
http://knitty-bitty.momo4ever.com

Sheeprustler said...

The socks are GORGEOUS!!! I am thinking of the Potamous socks myself having seen a couple of them on blogs that look really lovely. And as for the gnome - he just made me chuckle!!

2paw said...

All your socks look gorgeous,but my favourite is the Hippo Sock!! You are doing an excellent job with the lace pattern on EVERY row!!! I saw the gnomes too. You'll have to let me know how it goes!!!

Wired for Fibre said...

That little guy is sooo cute, how could you resist not knitting him.

Knittinreed said...

Love your socks! I have been eyeing the Potamous too, downloaded the pattern and am pondering what yarn to use.

Can't wait to see your Potamous (love that word!!!) on your feet :-)

Unknown said...

I LOVE THE PINK! The gnomes are so cute, i have the same issue hopefully i will get around to knitting my mum 1 before christmas:)

Yarnsticksbooks said...

I love the flamingo socks, thats one lucky friend you have :)

Shelley L. MacKenzie said...

Those pink socks are gorgeous! I looked at a site from the States that sells Opal sock yarn, and it was rather expensive for my budget ($14 USD) plus I'd have exchange and shipping and no doubt customs...I wonder if there is a place that sells it for a better price here in Canada...

Your "hippo" has lovely colours and seems to be knitting up nicely so far!

I love that cute little gnome!

Tracy Batchelder said...

I really like that little guy. Should be fun. Great socks too!

maniacalmultitasker said...

that little guy looks too cute!
hope we can see him soon!

Suzi said...

Love the flamingo socks! And I am a very anti-pink girl, but they are cool.

I am very enamoured with the gnomes, I'm looking forward to seeing yours in progress or done!

Suzi.

amanda j said...

That gnome is too cute! And the socks. Every time I look at someone's blog there is something else I want to knit.

L. said...

Sharon, you talented knitter, you! :) I love the Flamingo socks and your friend is one lucky person. The Potomous sock is a beauty, but I have major issues when I try to knit any lace! As for the gnome, he's a honey!

Janis said...

OHMYGOD! I love that little guy. You see, you Aussie girls have that cool pattern and this american doesn't :--)

Anonymous said...

LOVE the pink socks!

ADORE the hippo ones though! That yarn is divine!

Oooh what is that yarn you got to do Mr Gnomies beard? I have been wondering what to get to do mine when I get time to start it ;)

Katt

Knittinreed said...

Thanks for leaving the message - How is Potamous doing?

Kris said...

I love the pink socks. We have a running joke of flamingos in my family. Now I know the perfect Christmas gift for someone! Thank you Sharon!