Friday, July 22, 2005

Socks are Finished


I have never had second sock syndrome until now, this sock was without a mate for a long time and I am happy to say that it is finished. It did help that my MILs birthday is next Thursday and at 68 years old has everything she wants or needs so I thought I would finish the socks for her.

I have nearly finished the back of the squirrel jacket, I had forgotten how quick kids knits are, the intarsia is not too bad but I think I might take DeAnns advice and use duplicate stitch for the fronts and sleeves. I am too much of a perfectionist for intarsia and as the squirrel is only a small motif it will be okay, I will post a pic of the back when it is finished and will ask for your advice. Till then happy knitting.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow!! Love those colours on the socks!! Are socks easy to knit? Will a newbie be able to knit a pair? I would love to know how to knit one too!!! ^_^ Hope your MIL love the socks!!

Katt said...

The socks look great!
Whatcha gonna start now?

Katt

Michelle said...

hi shaz, sorry for asking too many questions. but can you tell me which sock pattern did u use?

Anonymous said...

Hi Sharon - I'm so glad you got the parcel - I was beginning to wonder if it was going to turn up !

I'm delighted that you like it all and what luck with the Jelly Babies hey ! If you ever NEED any more I'm happy to send them over to you - you know red cross parcel style !

The pin cushion does indeed look good enough to eat, but please do use it.

Anyway - glad you like everything and I'll start preparing your next parcel now.

Michelle said...

Beautiful socks! And the way you lined up the colors perfectly is most impressive : )

Lynette said...

Pretty socks! I haven't tried Opal yet but everyone raves about that yarn. Why did you have such trouble with SSS, if you don't mind my asking.

Sharon said...

Michelle I use a pattern which I got from www.knittingnow.com it is a great ladies sock pattern and it is free. The pattern has a contrast toe and heel but I make them all the one colour. Socknitters home page link on my blog has some great sock patterns also.

Rachael said...

Great socks, I often wonder about the second sock syndrome is it a bit like knitters *block*?
(As she mutters into the distance "I must, I must, I must complete this sock".)
Not having knitted socks before I can't really comment! Thanks for the link too, I will have a go...soon...

Suzi said...

SHARON!!!!!!!!!!!

Just checking in, there is a new time and place for our special ABC meet-up tomorrow.

No charge, forgot to mention that in the many posts. Also I may have to get a contact number form you when I next see you so I can ring you!

Suzi